The Manross Lecture, named for Historian and the Society's chief benefactor William Wilson Manross (1905-1987), was inaugurated in 2006. Manross was librarian of the Church Historical Society from 1948 until 1956. He was professor of church history and librarian at the Philadelphia Divinity School from 1958 until his retirement in 1973. His two major books are A History of the American Episcopal Church (1935), and The Episcopal Church in the United States, 1800-1840: A Study in Church Life (1938). Read more about him from an article in Anglican and Episcopal History below.
Past Manross Lecturers
Historical Society of the Episcopal Church
Dedicated to preserving and disseminating information about the history of the Episcopal Church and its antecedents.
A 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization established for educational, charitable and religious purposes.
(920) 383-1910 | email@example.com | PO Box 1301, Appleton, WI 54912-1301 | © 2020